African Investigative Journalism Conference 2022 Fellowships 2022 for African Journalism Students
The African Investigative Journalism Conference (#AIJC22) is the premier annual gathering of African investigative journalists – a three-day international conference for and about investigative journalism.
It involves skills training, networking, promoting, collaboration and in-depth accounts of major investigative stories. It is hosted by the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
The African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC) offers a limited number of fellowships for participation in this three-day celebration of the continent’s investigative reporting.
This year the conference will return to a face-to-face event in Johannesburg, Oct 31 – Nov 2 and will offer inspiring talks, engagement, networking and cutting-edge training in a range of skills.
About African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC)
AIJC is organised by the Journalism Department of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa. Africa’s biggest annual gathering of working journalists is an opportunity to share great African work, learn new skills, hear how it is done and share experiences.
- Type – Fellowship
- Organisation – African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC)
- Country to study – South Africa
- School to study–
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – August 18, 2022
Aim and Benefits of AIJC Fellowships
- The Fellowship will cover flights to Johannesburg, airport transfers, accommodation in single rooms, transport to and from the conference, meals and conference fees. It does not cover home-country transport, visa costs, personal in-country transport and hotel incidentals.
- Fellows will be asked to produce at least one piece of content arising out of the conference.
- You will require a passport valid for a minimum of six months after the conference, and be available to travel from Sunday, Oct 30, to Wed / Thurs Nov 2 / 3 (depending on flight availability).
Requirements for AIJC Fellowships Qualification
Fellowships are open to journalists with a proven track record in investigative journalism who want to develop their skills and network with their colleagues.
August 18, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC) on docs.google.com to apply
Also, send your CV to email@example.com by July 31, 2022. Special consideration will be given to those who submit a short video on what the conference means to them.
All applications will be acknowledged on receipt and a final decision on places will be made by Monday, August 18, 2022.
For more details,
Visit AIJC website