In case you have been searching for credible scholarship programs that assure your future and keep to their words, well, you aren’t far from it as we introduce you to “Commonwealth Scholarships”. It may sound common or familiar but you certainly may not understand how it works. Which this page has covered.
In order to understand better the commonwealth scholarship program, points have been pointed out and discussed extensively for better understanding.
So let’s get started on…
What is the Commonwealth Scholarship Program About?
The Commonwealth Scholarships program is aimed at assisting talented students from across the Commonwealth who lacks the ability to afford to study in the UK.
Bringing it down to you; if you are talented and blessed with the potential to make a positive difference on the global stage, also not forgetting to include that you must come from any of the listed Commonwealth countries or regions, then this program is wonderfully staged for you.
You can check out the list of countries currently among the Commonwealth Association to help you further.
Commonwealth Scholarship Benefits
Commonwealth is a recognized global organization. From the intro, one should have started counting the benefits of winning the Commonwealth scholarship award already.
- It makes you a global personal already.
- Lt’s don’t forget about the full support you’re gaining from the Commonwealth as well. The financial support to get through your studies.
- You’ve got chances of studying abroad – more developed or/and desired place of study.
- A Commonwealth Scholarship program covers fees, approved fares, and personal maintenance.
- and more…
What will it be to you if you’re offered the COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP AWARD? Let’s hear your reactions through the comment box below.
The Types of Scholarships Available
There are 8 different awards that is been offered to selected applicants by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO), responsible for the funding.
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Commonwealth Distance learning Scholarships
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships
The Commonwealth Ph.D scholarship is available for a full-time doctoral study at a UK university, open for you if you hill from any of the commonwealth’s developing countries or a fragile state.
You should understand that offering you this award your research is expected to help uplift the development needs of Commonwealth countries, also to enhance individual teaching and research capacity lead to an increase in institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries, and will contribute to UK higher education and research by attracting high-caliber international candidates and encouraging links and collaboration. So you are not expected to fail.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Program for Ph.D. will be an eye-opener to help you gain more and fortify your skills and knowledge, and to become equal with those who are able to afford quality education.
Commonwealth Scholarship Application Requirements
To start your online application, you’ll need a scanned copy of your passport, your academic transcript, your existing university degree certificate, two references, and, if you have one, your admission letter.
Please note that your choice of institution, NGO, or country may have additional requirements to these listed above.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship Program
The application process and requirements for each of the Commonwealth scholarships will differ depending on the scholarship you’re applying for. But before we have given explanatory steps to follow for individual awards. Although the process almost appears similar.
Generally, the application links are listed below;
1. How to Apply for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships
For this award, the CSC does not accept direct applications for the scholarships. This means you’ll have to apply through either of the THREE channels;
- National nominating agencies – Here, you will be applying through your country. The link shows all the eligible countries and their application links and contacts to apply through.
- Selected universities/university bodies – Here, you will be applying from any of the listed institutions, which can also nominate their own academic staff.
- Selected non-governmental organisations and charitable bodies – Here, you should see several NGOs and charitable bodies that has the ability also to invite and nominate candidates for both Commonwealth PhD Scholarships and Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships.
2. Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
For this award application process, you will start by applying to study at a UK university that has a part funding agreement with the CSC. We have listed the Universities on this page.
3. Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
Unlike the Commonwealth PhD scholarship program, you have two options or the nominating bodies to apply in the first instance. Those bodies are; National nominating agencies – Here, you will be applying through your country. The link shows all the eligible countries and their application links and contacts to apply through and the selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies.
4. Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
In spite of applying within the approved courses, You have the chance of applying to more than one course and to more than one university through the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme, but you may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship. Having said that, you are to apply through any of the selected Commonwealth scholarship UK Universities.
It is important to note the approved Commonwealth Scholarship courses and the Commonwealth Scholarship Universities.
5. Commonwealth Distance learning Scholarships
The Application Process for the Commonwealth distance learning scholarship starts by applying through the selected institutions and their approved courses. Unlike the number of selected courses and universities available in Commonwealth PhD, Split-site, and shared Scholarships, here you have lesser choices to select from.
Access, inclusion, and opportunity:
|Loughborough University||MSc Water Management for Development|
|University of Edinburgh||MSc Clinical Education Master of Family Medicine|
|University of Southampton||MSc Gerontology|
6. Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high-income countries)
Keep checking the official CSC apply page for updates on when the application portal is open for The Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high-income countries).
7. Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
To qualify for the fellowship award program you must have a professional duty, working on related issues. Remember that the Commonwealth professional fellowship program aims of awarding awards to Girls’ education and issues related. You have to keep a close monitor of the official website since this award is not commonly available like other awards listed above.
Commonwealth Scholarship Contact
You can always contact the CSC regarding any questions or challenges through the following channels;
- Through the Commonwealth scholarship contact email at at email@example.com
- And filling out the contact form on the official website.
In addition, use the comment box below to express yourself to us, and let’s know better how to guide you.
Also, share this page across the social platforms for others to take note of the opportunity the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission (CSC) offers.
How to apply
Depending on which scholarship you are applying for, you may need to apply through a National Nominating Agency, a university, or a Non-Governmental Organisation.
To find out how to apply for each of the scholarships, please visit the CSC apply page.