Students from Africa are encouraged to apply for the academic session Africa International PGR Scholarships at King’s College London, United Kingdom. The scholarship is for students undertaking a full-time PhD program at King’s College London covering funding for up to four (4) years.
Applicants with research interests that relate to Africa and could take interdisciplinary approach to research are advised to take advantage of the scholarship opportunity to further their educational career in a world-class higher institution of learning.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): King’s College London
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): King’s College London, United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates, Masters & PhD
Nationality: African Nationals
Recommended: Fulbright Foreign Student Program
King’s College London Africa Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the King’s College London Africa Scholarships applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be African nationals and permanently resident in the relevant country;
- Applicants must be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate;
- Applicants must plan to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London in the academic year.
- Applicants must plan to conduct research that is relevant to Africa, at the intersection of two or more of the given themes or disciplines, as described in the ‘Award Details’ section;
- Applicants must have applied to King’s College London for the scholarship (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below) by the given deadlines;
- Secure an admission offer for an MPhil/PhD programme at King’s.
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2023/24, this was set at £17,609)
- Full international tuition fees
- Research Support Grant: up to £5000/year, depending on the research project
- Application Procedure
- How-to-Apply: Applicants are to apply online and thereafter find a suitable doctoral degree and supervisor at King’s College London and then proceed to apply for admissions.
- On the ‘Funding’ Section of your King’s Apply application, you must tick the box at item 5 (award Scheme Code or Name) and enter the funding code: -AFRICA.
- Applicants are to complete a separate ‘Africa International PGR Scholarships Form‘ and attach it to the ‘Funding’ Section of your application on King’s Apply using the ‘File Upload’ at the bottom of the page.
Application Deadline: Currently Open
Application Procedure for Imperial College London Scholarship:
To apply for a Presidential Scholarship for students of Black heritage, you need to:
1. Search for the course you want to apply for. Please see below the list of eligible Master’s courses for a Presidential Scholarship. One of the aims of the Master’s scholarship funding is to encourage more Black students to participate in courses that lead to PhD study.
Eligible Master’s courses
- One-year full-time and part-time Master’s courses in the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Faculty of Engineering
- One-year and two-year, full-time and part-time, Master’s courses in the Business School
- Exclusions: On-line/distance learning courses and courses whose duration is longer than one year (ie part-time courses, the MA/MSc Global Innovation Design & MA/MSc Innovation Design Engineering at the Dyson School of Design Engineering) are not eligible
2. Create an online account and submit your application through our application portal and apply as soon as possible – use our guide to How to apply for additional help
3. Receive an offer of a place for entry by the scholarship deadline of 23.59 (UK local time), 26 May
4. Firmly accept the offer by the relevant deadline
5. Complete our Presidential Scholarships application form (when it opens on Monday, 7 November) by the deadline of 23.59 (UK local time), 26 May
Hello again, let’s know below if this post was helpful by sharing your opinion, using the comment box, remember to also share the post to any one through your desired social media platform.
All Rights Reserved, No Part Of This Publication And Other Digital Contents On This Website May Be Reproduced, Stored In A Retrieved System, Or Transmitted In An Form, By Means Of Photocopy Or Otherwise Without The Consent Of Scholarshipint.com.