Mastercard Scholarship Programs: The Mastercard foundation scholarship application form is easy to access and if you are interested in a scholarship, then believe me when I say this is one right program you need to apply for. All you have to do is to follow the instructions here and you’ll be very much good to go.
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. By the completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
Below are the requirements to be part of the scholarship program
- Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men.
- Refugees and displaced youth;
- Youth with disabilities.
- Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
- Must be interested in, and meet USIU-Africa admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology; Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
More information about the above highlighted degree programs can be found at the university website: undergraduate-programs.
Benefits Of Joining The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials
- Reasonable accommodation and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home
- Access to leadership training
- Access to entrepreneurial training
- Psycho-social support, career counseling and mentorship
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for
The program intake is twice a year (May and September semesters). An advert for the ‘Call for Applications’ will be rolled out 5 months before the intake. The process takes 6 stages, which are:
- Review of applications
- University Admissions
Follow the steps below to apply;
- Interested applicants can fill in the application form attached in this call for applications. The same
can also be downloaded from the website on this link: www.usiu.ac.ke/mastercardfoundation-scholars-program. Application forms can also be picked from the Mastercard
Foundation Scholars Program office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension,
- Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required
- Submit the complete application together with other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format. Name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: [email protected] or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica.
The closing date for the scholarship application is on Monday, Dec 20, 2023 at 11:59pm (East Africa Time).
If you have any questions about this Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Application Form, feel free to relate them with Scholarshipint.com by using the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media accounts so that others can know about it.